Annual General Meeting
Event date: March 1 at 7:30pm to March 1 at 8:30pm
CMFSC 2023 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING NOTICE
Meeting Location: Room #1 at Poirier Sport & Leisure Complex (633 Poirier St, Coquitlam, BC).
The following Board members are completing existing terms:
The following positions will be up for election:
1 or 2 year term
Pre-registration is required to attend and vote at the AGM and must be completed 24 hours before the meeting, Tuesday, February 28, 2023.
- To register, please complete the pre-registration form HERE.
Per our Constitution, there will be no nominations accepted from the floor. Notice of nomination for the above noted positions must be sent to the Elections Officer by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before Noon (12:00pm) on Friday, February 24, 2023. Please put the following in the subject line of the email – “Soccer: CMFSC AGM 2023”. Nominated individuals are required to complete the CMFSC Board of Director Candidate Form. Please note that you are able to nominate yourself.
AGENDA – CMFSC AGM
Wednesday, March 1, 2023 @ 7:30 p.m.
- Call to order
- Establishment of quorum
- Approval of the agenda
- Approval of minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting
- Presentation of reports
- Financial (2022)
- Appointment of Auditors (if any)
- Business as specified in the meeting notice
- update Directors’ term from one-year term to two-year terms starting with 2023 Annual General Meeting, with up to 2 positions remaining as one-year terms expiring at the conclusion of the 2024 AGM.
- Approve up to $500,000 in Capital Reserve be transferred to Charitable Impact (Evergreen Fund).
- Election of Directors
Only voting club members in good standing can attend the AGM. A Member will be in good standing provided that the Member:
- Has not ceased to be a Member;
- Has not been suspended or expelled from membership, or had other membership restrictions or sanctions imposed;
- Has completed and remitted all documents as required by the Society;
- Has complied with the By-laws, policies, and rules of the Society;
- Is not subject to a disciplinary investigation or action by the Society, or if subject to disciplinary action previously, has fulfilled all terms and conditions of such disciplinary action to the satisfaction of the Board; and
- Has paid all required membership dues.
Voting Member – individuals who have agreed to abide by and adhere to the Society’s By-laws, policies, procedures, and rules (or, if the individual is under the age of 18, who have had a parent or guardian agree to abide by the Society’s By-laws, policies, procedures, and rules on behalf of the individual) including:
- Directors of the Society
- Other individuals approved by the Directors
Voting Rights - Members will have the following voting rights at all meetings of the Members:
- Individual Members who are 18 years old or older may exercise one vote at all meetings of the Members; and
- Individual Members who are younger than 18 years old may have one vote exercised at meetings of Members by a parent or guardian. For clarity, a parent or guardian with three children registered with the Society who are younger than 18 years old may exercise three votes. However, two parents of the same child who is registered with the Society and who is younger than 18 years old may both attend a meeting of the Members but may only exercise one vote between them.