Interested in Becoming a CMFSC Staff Coach?
Posted on: August 5, 2022
We are hiring experienced coaches for staff positions!
Position: Staff Coach
Reports to: Technical Director
Location:Various Fields (Coquitlam)
Salary:Based on experience
Roles: Academy, Camp, Age Group Head Coaches, Initiation Program Coaches
Coquitlam Metro-Ford Soccer Club (CMFSC) is one of the province’s largest and most successful community sports organizations - offering both participatory and performance soccer programs to approximately 4,500 youth and adult players. The club operates under the stewardship of a volunteer Board of Directors, paid administrative and technical resources, and is supported by almost 1,000 volunteers. The club takes great pride in the professionalism, ethics, values, and wellness principles which guide our operation as a community-based non-profit.
We are seeking to fill staff coaching roles within the Club that will help us in creating experiences, through soccer, that inspire a lifelong passion for physical activity and a pathway to personal brilliance.
- Academy/Camp Coaches – These coaches are responsible for managing a group of 8 – 12 players during a session. Coaches are responsible for reviewing provided curriculum and coaching players through these activities. Coaches should display an understanding of foundation soccer skills, tactics, and an engaging positive attitude.
- Age Group Head Coaches – These coaches are responsible for managing an age group of teams throughout the season (September – March). This includes observing/running practices, observing games, identifying players, providing coaches with feedback, and interacting with members. Coaches should display an understanding of foundation soccer skills, tactics, and an engaging positive attitude. More information to be provided.
- Initiation Program Coaches - These coaches are responsible for managing a group of 10 – 14, U4 – U7 aged players during a session. Coaches are responsible for reviewing provided curriculum and coaching players through these activities. Coaches should display an understanding of foundation soccer skills, tactics, and an engaging positive attitude.
Reporting to the Technical Director, successful candidates will display the following:
- Wellness - Make health and safety your number one priority.
- Respect - Conduct yourself with integrity, on and off the field, always representing the Club in a positive way.
- Fun! Love the experience and embrace the challenge.
- Leadership – Inspire others with your actions and confidence.
- Excellence – Challenge yourself and those around you to consistently do better.
- Previous high-level playing and/or coaching experience
- BCSA Coaching Certifications or international equivalent
- Knowledge of and support for the Canada Soccer LTPD model
- Complete Respect in Sport Training certification
- Must clear a criminal record check and vulnerable sector search
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends
Coquitlam Metro-Ford SC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please email Alfredo Valente, Technical Director noting the role(s) you’d be interested in and include a copy of your resume.
Positions will remain open until filled. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.